Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Ylohx - way too good for no haxx

A glitch on the "Gulf of Oman" map that I've seen is this:

During the sandstorm if you're on top of the tower right at the G flag and you go prone under the air conditioner facing towards E/F you can clearly see the towers. But if you stand up the sandstorm is instantly back.

It's not much of an advantage for anyone yet there it is.
A bigger advantage is not playing Oman.

I like Oman because you can overcome the shittiness of the map by capping shore like Sabre said.

Rogue Transmission Conquest on the other hand is dogshit with no redeeming qualities.

I like Oman because you can overcome the shittiness of the map by capping shore like Sabre said.

Rogue Transmission Conquest on the other hand is dogshit with no redeeming qualities.
Some of the bf4 maps are more geared towards RUSH mode which imo is a unbalanced total shit show compared to BF3

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
I know how to win on Oman. The problem is my team never does.

I will admit that I am not always interested in "winning". Sometimes I just want to play objectives like getting from one place to another on foot, killing a carrier sniper. C4-ing the enemy AA (always fun!), sniping the irritating heli pilots, taking and holding a particular flag, or suppressing the other team's snipers.

I've been playing like that since BF2.

Squad play was a lot tighter back then so I'd sneak into the enemy camp alone and disrupt things. The enemy commander would predictably assign an entire squad to come deal with me and that took an entire squad off the front. Which gave my team a numerical advantage at the front.

I will admit that I am not always interested in "winning". Sometimes I just want to play objectives like getting from one place to another on foot, killing a carrier sniper. C4-ing the enemy AA (always fun!), sniping the irritating heli pilots, taking and holding a particular flag, or suppressing the other team's snipers.

I've been playing like that since BF2.

Squad play was a lot tighter back then so I'd sneak into the enemy camp alone and disrupt things. The enemy commander would predictably assign an entire squad to come deal with me and that took an entire squad off the front. Which gave my team a numerical advantage at the front.
The game is always about having fun. If that is what is fun for you then do it. Most of the time what's fun for me is winning but I do occasionally enjoy doing stupid shit, or just sticking to one specific thing. Sometimes I will even create a role-playing kit and only use faction-specific equipment. Thankfully this means I can still use my 1911 on the US team but it's a little out of place for a Chinese soldier to be carrying one.

Hi sax,

Thanks for sharing the video.

I'm not accusing you of anything, but I'm wondering about the sequence between 11m40s and 12m. We can clearly see on the full map that the enemy boat was there few seconds before, but when you engage it, it is not spotted and you fire a tow missile before we even see the boat taking shape on the Youtube video. Even watching it in slow motion, the boat appears well after your shot.

Is it a Youtube compression problem and on your screen you could see it clearly despite the fog? Or did you just assume the boat was there?

Like that. I see your tow, but not the boat yet...

capture-sax.png

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
The boat was stationary for the entire preceding minute of the video. Even if it wasn't visible, it's a pretty fair guess its still there and possible to make a last second correction if it started to move. That being said, it is horribly compressed. Here's a snippet of the screen a little while after this moment, which was viewed in native monitor and youtube resolution at 1440p:
1715741618466.png
With how blurry everything is, we'd have to see the raw uncompressed footage before making any serious speculations.

I'm on Camera! Hi MOM!!!

Hi sax,

Thanks for sharing the video.

I'm not accusing you of anything, but I'm wondering about the sequence between 11m40s and 12m. We can clearly see on the full map that the enemy boat was there few seconds before, but when you engage it, it is not spotted and you fire a tow missile before we even see the boat taking shape on the Youtube video. Even watching it in slow motion, the boat appears well after your shot.

Is it a Youtube compression problem and on your screen you could see it clearly despite the fog? Or did you just assume the boat was there?

Like that. I see your tow, but not the boat yet...

View attachment 12732
i cant remember if i seen it while playing and i just recorded with a bad bit rate or if it was a lucky guess. in the clip i cant see fuck all myself lol but i also uses a horrible bit rate recording in 2k(2560x1440p) to cut down on clip size. but from what i see on the map he was there in the same spot for close to a minute. But im gonna say it was the bit rate i recorded in xD. I use shadowplay and i have it on 15 which is hella low, ill try recording with higher bit rate in the future specifically for this reason to see if it makes a difference.

The boat was stationary for the entire preceding minute of the video. Even if it wasn't visible, it's a pretty fair guess its still there and possible to make a last second correction if it started to move. That being said, it is horribly compressed. Here's a snippet of the screen a little while after this moment, which was viewed in native monitor and youtube resolution at 1440p:
View attachment 12735
With how blurry everything is, we'd have to see the raw uncompressed footage before making any serious speculations.
ye i recorded with 15 bit rate with shadowplays record option, so i dont have the footage with that doesnt look trash, i just went and checked, didnt take into account it would look that bad especially when the tower goes down. Ill record at some time and post with a higher bit rate specifically for this reason.