Welcome to Banzore!

Be part of something great, join today!

Baiting Bans

Is it a bannable offense to bait someone else into doing a bannable thing?

geret was banned for baiting other into saying the n word. He didn't say the word, just baiting people into saying it.

How does this violate any rule listed in the bf4 server rules: https://banzore.com/forums/threads/bf4-server-rules-2020.6732/

or is this one of those rules as ohthathumanity put it best: https://banzore.com/forums/threads/permanent-bans-for-map-glitches.19314/post-127394
but then, in actuality, there are double secret probation rules requiring the player to dig on the forum to find a thread and read 45 pages of bitching that boil down to the following, "wellllllll we dont like this glitch faggot, enjoy your perm ban"

the whole thing is down syndrome level retarded.

If so, where is the forum post showing that baiting someone to break a rule is a bannable offense?

Coldkiller

-bZ- Member
Baiting someone with malicious intent is indeed a bannable offense.

Examples include jumping in front of a teammate and attempting to have them TK you would justify a ban for you, or trying to bait someone in chat to say a racial slur. It's the principle of being guilty by association. You may not be the one who was in direct violation of the rule, but are still at fault for forcing the rule violation to occur by another player in the first place.

Nothing really needs to be quoted from the rules other than the following.

In general, don't be a trouble maker in the server.

The above rules what will usually be cited in punishes/kicks/bans but other reasons may be used if you're an exceptionally problematic player disrupting gameplay.

It's common sense really and shouldn't be debated further. Let the trouble makers find the door out of here on their own, and you'll still be able to play here peacefully assuming you abide by the rules and don't cause trouble yourself.

BigBadBagOfSwag

Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Is it a bannable offense to bait someone else into doing a bannable thing?

geret was banned for baiting other into saying the n word. He didn't say the word, just baiting people into saying it.

How does this violate any rule listed in the bf4 server rules: https://banzore.com/forums/threads/bf4-server-rules-2020.6732/

or is this one of those rules as ohthathumanity put it best: https://banzore.com/forums/threads/permanent-bans-for-map-glitches.19314/post-127394

If so, where is the forum post showing that baiting someone to break a rule is a bannable offense?

You aren't entitled to access on our servers, if you lack the common sense to understand why baiting others into the automatic language filter would be a bannable offense all I can do is admire you.
Truly remarkable. Wow.

You aren't entitled to access on our servers, if you lack the common sense to understand why baiting others into the automatic language filter would be a bannable offense all I can do is admire you.
Truly remarkable. Wow.
Please explain what's the difference between baiting someone into the automatic filter and baiting someone into any other banable offense. Both situations lead to a ban for doing something against the rules. Seems a bit selective.

Is what geret did considered bypassing the filter even though he didn't say anything racist?

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
By this logic it would be against the rules to bait someone into killing you in uncap.
It is, if a report shows this type of behavior, it’s discarded and not acted upon.

The reason filter baiting is more harshly enforced is due to the fact that it can get someone immediately banned by an automated system. There’s also clear malicious intent beyond a reasonable doubt of the user attempting to entrap others.

So while it may not be listed in the gameplay rules, if you use logic and reasoning, it should be pretty clear as to why it’s not allowed to bait others.

It is, if a report shows this type of behavior, it’s discarded and not acted upon.

The reason filter baiting is more harshly enforced is due to the fact that it can get someone immediately banned by an automated system. There’s also clear malicious intent beyond a reasonable doubt of the user attempting to entrap others.

So while it may not be listed in the gameplay rules, if you use logic and reasoning, it should be pretty clear as to why it’s not allowed to bait others.
Why was Frank's report against me not thrown out in that case? He has a history of baiting anyone that interupts his bitch playstyle of camping in spawn and reports literally in the middle of the match. In all the clips he clearly knows where I am, he even looks me straight on with his laser sight and waits for me to shoot his bait.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
The only thing I’ll say on the matter is you threw down c4 into their uncap (while being in their uncap) and paused until he was in sight before killing. That’s pretty blatant attacking of uncap and you have to climb a mountain to see over that ledge, so it’s not as if someone is standing on the boundary edge waiting to be shot.

That being said, I’m not here to discuss previously handled reports, nor will I comment on or acknowledge them further.

I’m simply clarifying the filter baiting rule as requested.

The only thing I’ll say on the matter is you threw down c4 into their uncap (while being in their uncap) and paused until he was in sight before killing. That’s pretty blatant attacking of uncap and you have to climb a mountain to see over that ledge, so it’s not as if someone is standing on the boundary edge waiting to be shot.

That being said, I’m not here to discuss previously handled reports, nor will I comment on or acknowledge them further.

I’m simply clarifying the filter baiting rule as requested.
The c4 was done after the incidents of him staring straight at me, see the tickets remaining. It was clear at that point he was baiting.
Thank you for clarifying regarding the filter rule and being helpful.

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
By this logic it would be against the rules to bait someone into killing you in uncap.

Not really.

If you're in the uncap minding your own business then anyone shooting you there will get a negative reaction.

If you're in the uncap using a piece of equipment like a MAV, UAV, mortar, or etc. or else you're shooting out then you're fair game.

Pretty much if you show up on the map as red then you're a fair target wherever you are.

PandaExpress293

大熊猫
Staff member
-bZ- Member
BF4 Admin
Pretty much if you show up on the map as red then you're a fair target wherever you are.
I wouldn’t go off of this since mav and suavs have motion detectors as well as the commander’s UAVs infantry scans. If you kill someone due to the above, that has not fired or used equipment, that will land you a punishment.

As a proud MAV user I can tell you that I spam the spot button on anyone I see, even in uncap. It's just a force of habit. Is this a violation of the rules?

-bZ-LongTrang1

-bZ- Member
Donator
You can't lock/soflam them in uncap however.

That would be difficult to enforce. The person using a soflam or UAV to target something isn't going to be the person recorded as making the kill.

Unless there's a server log that shows the lock? Is there? If so, that's welcome news.